Portal Home > Knowledgebase > Articles Database > Thrill Host (1 year review)
Thrill Host (1 year review)
|Posted by Haitashi, 08-04-2005, 03:46 PM|
|Ive been with this company since March 2004. I can honestly say that my experience with them has been great. In order to fully share my experience Ill enumerate the points I want to emphasize and any issues Ive had with them.
1. 24/7 Support Abso-freaking-lutely! It says so on their website. Ive never had a situation where Ive needed support and they havent been there. Most of the time issues are solved through a help ticket system which brings me to my send point.
2. Help Tickets They say they respond in about two hours; TRUE! Even if the response is: Were looking into it (Im not quoting them, they use very professional ways of writing). What I like about that is that maybe I have an issue and maybe they dont have a proper accurate response for me right then and there, but they at least acknowledge that Im requesting support. I never have to send another request for support for I know that as soon as they have an answer for me theyll post it on the ticket.
3. Only 1 bad experience all year - Well, actually, it wasnt even my direct experience; it was a friend of mine whom I helped. He had some issues with his account and not being a tech guru or fully bilingual (Spanish English), needless to say the guy needed assistance. When I called Thrill Host and tried to explain the situation to the tech support guy he didnt quite understand me. After I explained again he simply replied in a VERY rude matter: I dont understand what you want me to do. I was so surprised by this remark I responded very quickly what I wanted him to do. Now thinking back I shouldve just said: I want you to fix your screw-up. It was hard because I was the middleperson between the company and my friend. I have to confess something though, I dont hold this little so-so experience against Thrill Host because, having worked tech support for an ISP myself, I know that we can sometimes become (or seem to become) rude and/or dismissive. The important thing, and THATS WHAT MATTERS, was that the issue was solved. Again, point 3 takes me to point 4.
4. Phone Support ALL THE TIME! Its A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Big, big thumbs up!
5. Welcome to the ThrillHost support center and thats exactly what it is:
a. Self-Help Tools
b. Support Ticket System
c. Community Forums (which includes the occasional give-away for customers)
6. cPanel Best Control Panel ever. It even has Fantastico! For those not familiar with Fantastico Ill explain: Fantastico is used to automatically install (and create DBs for) commonly used scripts. For example, if I was to install PHPNuke Id have to create the database, configure the access on the script, and upload the script al that jazz, right? Well, with Fantastico I just click-click, enter admin information (user & password, etc.) click FINISH and PRESTO, installation complete!
7. costs Thrill Host isnt the cheapest hosting provider out there. This doesnt mean theyre expensive! Theyre just average, on the lower edge of average price. Hey, those 24/7 tech support guys have families to care for! Jeje
8. Variety of plans and services hosting, reseller or dedicated servers, even domain names, are just part of the product line-up.
I can rant on and on about other stuff but Ive pretty much covered the essentials. I hope this helps.
|Posted by PixelManual, 08-04-2005, 05:42 PM|
|Glad to see you had a pleasant experience with them. 1 year review, and I like the way it was written
Extremely glad you aren't one of those people who sign up and their first post is a review, you've been around for a year now
|Posted by ldcdc, 08-04-2005, 07:33 PM|
|Me too. It is well organized, contains praise and some criticism, and it has a conclusion. Well written indeed.
|Posted by swflnetworks, 08-05-2005, 05:42 AM|
|I wouldn't quite say that.
His first post
Nice to see you found a nice host though, Haitashi.
I wish you the best of luck, especially if you have to close your account. If you ever have to close your account, may as well cancel your credit card too, because they won't leave it be if you just tell them to cancel and don't follow up.
Add to Favourites Print this Article