Portal Home > Knowledgebase > Articles Database > Nginx vs Lighttpd
Nginx vs Lighttpd
|Posted by derkperera, 07-19-2013, 09:36 AM|
|I've been researching to find the best way to stream videos on my dedicated server.
I have tried Lighttpd and I really liked it, mainly because of
* allows to encode video stream URL using s secret
* video streaming URL only available for a given time stamp
* able to store original file off from public folders (i.e. /home/private/)
* heard it has small foot prints which gives capability of handling more than 1000 connections at once.
* able to seek to any given duration using start=*****
I also checked web servers of almost every popular websites and file sharing sites like putlocker, filenuke, spotify, kat.ph and pirates bay which receives more than 1000 requests per second according to Wikipedia, THEY ALL USES Nginx.
I've no idea about Nginx, does Nginx allows you to encode video URL using your own secret and time stamp? any php tutorials?
|Posted by net, 07-19-2013, 09:39 AM|
|Moved > Hosting Security and Technology .
|Posted by derkperera, 07-19-2013, 09:42 AM|
|Posted by LankapartnerHost, 07-19-2013, 10:16 AM|
|Youtube using Lighttpd
|Posted by BestServerSupport, 07-19-2013, 12:28 PM|
|Both are perfectly capable of acting as reverse proxy and load balancers.
If you need good performance, I would suggest to use nginx as front-end to serve static files, and Apache backend. nginx+apache2+mod_php is somehow faster than nginx+php-fastcgi.
Add to Favourites Print this Article
rvskin (Views: 330)